Cloak and mask
The hooded cloak was made out of a 2m x x1,5m piece of black cloth. I sewed a “narrowing” part around the neck, and then added the hood after cutting that out and sewing it together. I used a combination of textile glue, needle/thread and black gaffa tape. I used a couple of guides like this as inspiration, as well as instructions from the hobby shop where i bought the cloth. To close the cloak in the front i used a safety pin with a metal skull hot glued onto it.
The mask was a premade mask i got from the hobby shop. I painted it by hand with silver and black acrylic paint, as well as cut a few holes to breath through.
I decided to make a glowing wand to accompany my costume, and ended up with two wands with different colors.
The red wand
I made the first wand from a branch i found on my way home. I attached a red LED (Light Emitting Diode) and a resistor together with a button/battery circuit.
I proceeded to paint it black and make some details with hot glue, which in turn was painted with silver paint. I also added 5 LED’s and some hot glue to the tip to make a more smooth glow. The hot glue was shaped with an X-acto knife and sand paper.
The green wand
With the second wand, i started the process in the electronics. I made a core of 2 AAA batteries, a button, a pencil and 6 LED’s clumped together on a small circuit board.
The outside shell of the wand was made out of paper and hot glue, inspired by this guide. I painted it black with silver details like the other wand. For extra cool, i added a skull on top of the light button.